Monday 7 December 2015

DSG Bolt Action - Finns vs. 8th Army

For a brief time in late 1942, various portals simultaneously, and most mysteriously, opened up.  When General Montgomery heard about the Portal that connected North Africa to Finland, he exclaimed, "We will get to Berlin via Finland!"   

But the Finns were not about to have their country be trampled through by the British!  


SAS troops spearhead the 8th Army attack!


The Finns and their Chi-Ha tanks advance cautiously.


Here comes the Desert Rats!   (I had been looking forward all week to playing with these guys!)


And these terrific Chi-Ha's!  These are the work of Ross Mac, of the inspiring blog, Battle Game of the Month.  Really nice paint jobs on these two tanks!



The shooting in this game was atrocious.



Which left Close Combat as the only option.


The remains of the 8th Army retreat back to the desert.


And then, without warning, all the portals closed...


6 comments:

  1. Shorts in the snow! I know the 8th Army is tough but their teeth must have been chattering, no wonde4 they had trouble shooting straight!
    Fun to see though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ross Mac,

      Yes, those 8th Army guys are super tough - no poncy winter gear for them! And I think their lack of shooting success was more a matter of being considerate to the fact the it was the first game for these Finns/Winter Germans.

      And it was so great to play with your tanks again, Ross! Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  2. Great AAR Private W. A very unusual scenario but entertaining nonetheless!
    Good to see the Deetails getting an airing!
    Cheers
    Col

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Col,

      Thank you! And yes, it is always a great joy breaking out the Deetails and friends. Hopefully, more soon as the Holidays approach...

      Delete
  3. G'day Private W. Congratulations, you have been selected as the secret Santa winner for 2015. No need to publish this comment. Seriously, I have two scratchbuilt universal carriers you can have if you want them. You can see them on my blog under WW2. I have more than enough now and these two were left over. You will have to paint them though, they are just undercoated. Send us your mailing address as a comment (I won't publish it) and I'll send them off in the New Year.
    Cheers
    Col

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There Col,

      Wow!!! I was just on your site the other night being blown away by your incredible scratchbuilt vehicles! This is such a nice surprise and is very generous of you! Thank you! I really appreciate this but I think I will also pass on it 'cause while I love blogging and meeting great fellow wargamers and collectors, I also like to remain as anonymous as possible. I hope that is okay, and please still visit and I look forward to many inspiring trips to your wonderful blog, Col!

      Thanks again,

      Private W.

      Delete